We have a 3 months project starting Feb 2020. Please apply if interested.
We are seeking experienced Metal Building System Erectors, Iron workers/Steel erectors to fill vacancies on our expanding crews. These workers will work under the direction of a foreman or supervisor in the erection of pre engineered metal buildings. Workers will be engaging in the installation of the steel structure, metal wall panels (cladding), roofing systems and various insulation. The right candidate for the position will possess a minimum of 1-3 years direct experience in the metal building field.
Candidates for this position will be analytical with attention to detail being paramount. Organizational skills and time management will be instrumental in the success of this position. Problem-solving, communication and the ability to work under pressure with changing priorities will be important. This position is based out of Kelowna, BC Head office. But will be required to travel all over BC and Alberta for work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the direction of site foreman or task supervisor
- Basic daily individual safety paperwork (FLHAs)
- Work at heights from AWP & structure beyond AWP
- Follow all OH&S requirements as well as site-specific safety regulations
- Identify safe work practices and report all unsafe conditions and acts to supervisor
- Identify various building components
- Familiarity and capability with rigging techniques for steel erection
- Utilize crane to hoist and install structural steel
- To show up on time and be prepared to work every day
- To comply with company policies and procedures; including health and safety
- To complete required job training and yearly re-certifications
- To maintain a valid Driver’s license
- Work individually or within a team environment
- Be available to work 7 days a week (ranging from 6 am – 6 pm)
- Assist in the preparation of all project materials
- Assist in the daily vehicle and equipment safety checks
- Assist in the loading of products / materials, and ensure the load is secure
- Provide ongoing communication with Construction Foreman
- Take daily instructions from Construction Foreman
- Complete daily tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Complete the project according to the direction of the Construction Foreman
- Use hand tools, Power tools and Heavy equipment in a safe manner
- Support Construction Foreman, co-workers, and work environment
- Make sure that work sites are cleaned and cleared of any hazardous materials prior to the beginning of a construction project
- Keep job sites clean and organized before, during and after each project
- Installation of various insulation for roof and wall applications
- Installation of standing seam roof panels
- Installation of metal wall cladding panels
- Installation of various trim components for cladding and roofing package
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required for projects to be completed on time and within budget.
- Willingness to travel to job sites within BC and AB.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in MBSE, Ironworking (preferred)
- Positive attitude, self-starter with the desire to achieve
- Ability to communicate, follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work in all types of weather for extended periods
- G class drivers license and own vehicle (asset but not reqd)
- Ability to meet at job site or local pick up area
- Understanding of job site health and safety procedures and practices
- Ability to work at heights for extended periods
- Ability to work with crew of 8 or more people in a teamwork atmosphere
- Basic work boots, hard hat and personal tools
- AWP, AT Forklift , first aid , working at heights tickets will be viewed as a strong asset but not always required. (training will be provided in these areas if deemed necessary)
- Candidate must be bondable
- *SALARY DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE* Salary: $20.00 to $28.00 /hour
Pacific Apex Structures offers competitive pay, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- High school or equivalent
- Steel Building Erection: 1-3 years’ experience in MBSE, Iron working (preferred)
Required/Preferred license or certification:
- G Class Driver's Licence
- Restricted A Class Driver's Licence
- Working at Heights
- Elevated Work Platform
- Telehandler or AT Forklift
- First Aid Level 1 or better
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Pre-eng structures: 1 year (Preferred)