The Service Advisor is the customer service representative for service customers phoning or visiting the dealership. The Service Advisor discusses service and repair requirements with customers, promotes company services and products, schedules service appointments and ensures customer understanding and approval of all repair orders. This position also works closely with the Technicians to coordinate workflow and ensure that all customer service transactions are completed on schedule to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
Service Advisors are required to obtain and maintain Volkswagen Certification.
Each employee at Volkswagen Clarkdale will demonstrate environmental awareness and responsibility in the performance of duties and will participate in the continuous improvement of process, quality, personal development and team performance. Commitment, communication and team spirit are fundamental to teamwork and vital to service excellence and are part of every job and every performance review.
Compliance with departmental, company and manufacturer operating standards and government legislation pertaining to individual job performance is expected.
Specific duties and responsibilities described may change from time to time to better serve the team, the company and customers.
- Greet customers in person or by telephone.
- Arrange price quote for repairs.
- Assist customers in clarifying service requirements; write up Repair Order with customer; ensure understanding and obtain approval prior to work being done.
- Obtain customer’s authorization in cases where the actual cost of the work to be done will exceed the estimate; record the customer approval on the work order.
- Follow-up on the progress of the work to ensure timely completion according to service instructions; contact customers when work is completed.
- Review work done and costing with customer when the car is picked up.
- Contact customers by telephone upon receipt of parts-on- order to schedule service appointments.
- Settle customer concerns discreetly and professionally; inform the Service Manager as required of instances of customer dissatisfaction.
- Process all VIN’s through VW computers for recalls/history/warranty dates.
- Open, process and close repair orders for new and used vehicles including customers, ICBC and extended warranty work.
- Dispatch sublet work.
- Monitor the progress of repair work by checking the scheduling screen frequently throughout the day; follow up as required with technicians and customers.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies and work procedures.
- Observe all regulations pertaining to work practices.
- Report safety issues to the Safety Committee.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience dealing with the public and working as a cashier mandatory.
- Previous automotive experience– preferably with VW.
- Able to drive both standard transmission and automatic transmission vehicles mandatory.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions and information mandatory.
- Able to communicate information clearly, both verbally and in writing mandatory.
- Conflict resolution skills mandatory.
- Time management skills; organized and able to prioritize tasks mandatory.
- Typing and basic computer skills including email and internet mandatory.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Safe Driving Record.
- Adaptable; able to move from one task to another quickly.
- Work well in a team and independently
- Focus on quality and service excellence.
- Positive confident manner; effective interpersonal
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to work effectively under pressure of multiple tasks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- automotive : 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's license: manual and automatic (Preferred)