Champlain Regional College is seeking the services of a PEDAGOGICAL COUNSELLOR to work on a full-time replacement position (35 hours/week) in the department of Continuing Education at Champlain Regional College (St. Lambert Campus).
Reporting to the Manager - Continuing Education the incumbent will provide pedagogical coordination for various programs, services, projects and courses.
1. Plan and organize programs (AECs, DECs) and services such as recognition of acquired competencies (RAC), projects, and non-credit courses.
2. As required, develop new programs as well as assess and revise current programs.
3. Meet potential students and/or candidates and assess their capacity for enrolling in identified courses, programs, and/or services offered by the department.
4. Provide teaching staff and content specialists with pedagogical support.
5. Take part in the pedagogical organization and coordination of work-study programs, business internships and industry visits, and support the teaching staff involved.
6. Provide advice on the design, production, choice and use of methods, techniques and teaching aids, as well as purchase of equipment and on classroom layout, as required.
7. Identify needs for projects, programs, services, and courses, and compile an inventory of the resources required; prepare proposals; and collaborate in the elaboration and monitoring of specified budgets.
8. When required, participate in coordinating, designing and developing activities, programs and projects, which may involve distance education and/or be of an international nature.
9. Participates, when required, in the selection process of staff (i.e. faculty and content specialists) for the programs under their responsibility.
10. Take part in promotion and recruitment activities.
Must have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of specialization, particularly Education.
Must have either 3 years of relevant experience in pedagogical support and coordination
or teaching experience with an adult clientele.
Profound knowledge of learning and teaching strategies including nature and methods of evaluation.
Excellent communication skills in English.
Strong command of written and spoken French.
Experience teaching Second Languages
Teaching experience at the College level.
Experience with RAC
Required Tests : The candidates will be required to submit to language tests (English and French)
Work Schedule : 35 hours per week
Duration of contract : Until June 30, 2021
Salary Scale : 46,114.00 - 82,585.00
Anticipated Start Date : 2020-02-10
Start of Posting Period : 2020-01-24
End of Posting Period : 2020-01-31 23:59
Champlain Regional College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory with your application, therefore please be sure to submit yours.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email inviting you to attach your CV in order for your application to be considered.