Gorilla is seeking a full-time Java Technical Lead to join our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have prior experience leading a team of engineering consultants in developing customer-facing Java enterprise applications with a mixture of off-the-shelf software and custom development. By joining our team, you will be relied on as a major contributor to both our company’s success as well as our clients’ long-term business goals.
As a Java Technical Lead, you’ll be:
Working with the Gorilla team on new projects, from initial interaction with clients during the requirements discovery phase through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
You should bring to the table:
- Leading the technical direction during design and development processes by driving decisions and coordinating efforts with fellow Gorillas across the globe.
- Providing insight and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate how the proposed solution will be leveraged to meet client business demands on new projects.
- Engineering leading-edge systems for clients in a variety of industries, with solutions targeting a variety of customer models including B2B and B2C engagements
- Driving the technical culture of Gorilla forward as a thought leader among our team
- Interacting with global clients from diverse marketplaces
Working experience in the development of enterprise eCommerce applications using Java Enterprise technologies
- Extensive experience in developing software to integrate new solutions into existing systems
- Proven track record in evolving existing software to meet updated business needs
- Working experience in a software development consulting environment and agile delivery models
- Solid understanding of the modern enterprise Java stack including the MVC architecture and integration best practices
- Proven ability to employ quality control techniques such as unit testing to produce high-visibility customer facing software
- Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements
- Ability to lead and mentor teams of local and remote engineers working on eCommerce solutions
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- 7+ years of experience in developing websites utilizing Java
- Knowledge of enterprise database systems
- Experience with both on-premises and cloud-based deployment models