Athletes in Action (AIA) Camps
Langley, BC or Winnipeg, MB
AIA Camps Office Manager
Permanent, Part-Time (10 hours a week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
AIA Camps (a part of the larger Athletes in Action ministry) runs sports camps in partnership with local churches for children ages 6 through 12 primarily. Approximately 3,000 children participate in AIA camps each year.
The AIA Camps team is continually growing and spread across the country. We come from diverse backgrounds and a wide range of experiences and expertise that makes working with each other exciting and rewarding. We are passionately committed to making Christ known through sport.
About the Role:
The administrative assistant to the office manager will play a key role in supporting the church partnerships and the regional teams along with their coaches running the camps and activities that develop as a result of the camps.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
- Online registrations and the database software are maintained
- Calls to the AIA Camps office phone line are answered, and messages are forwarded to the appropriate staff
- Reimbursements and invoices for the AIA Camps Office Manager are submitted and paid in a timely manner
- Finances are maintained to be current and accurate
- Coach applications are maintained and updated continually
- Camps are processed and set up
- Inventory is maintained and kept current
What We Offer Our Staff:
- You have a deep and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- You are passionate and committed to communicate the gospel with a sincere interest in Christian ministry work
- You are committed to Athletes in Actions’ leadership, methods and ministry models
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to be organized and lead yourself
- You possess time management skills
- You have experience working in an administrative role (asset if you have experience being an administrative assistant)
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (asset)
- You have done event planning (asset)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Paid vacation
- Mentorship opportunities
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.