Reporting to the Lead, Technical Documentation, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for the activities related to the management of technical documentation (creation, organization, distribution) and the process of change requests to the Maintenance Program.
- Ensures the processing of the documentation received or acquired and performs technical research, classification, cataloguing and indexing of documents;
- Revises and proofreads documents ensuring that spelling, grammar and punctuation, sentence structure, style and formatting specifications are adequate;
- As needed, edits photos and illustrations;
- Ensures that the documentation produced is uniform and consistent;
- Organizes SharePoint sites;
- Responsible for the preservation and scanning of documents;
- Provides technical and functional support for the operation and use of documentation systems;
- Maintains and revises document management procedures to ensure that they comply with legal and regulatory requirements while meeting the needs of the program and the organization;
- Manages administrative tasks including document control, filing, printing, laminating, scanning, and input in various systems;
- As needed, accomplishes any other related work duties;
- Diploma in documentation management or work experience in a relevant field;
- Bilingualism (French and English, oral and written);
- 3-5 years experience in a related field;
- Ability to manage multiple requests at once;
- Remarkable ability to provide customer service (high quality of service, courtesy, patience, communication, etc.);
- Flexible and adaptable to priorities;
- Very good knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite;
- Excellent communication, formatting and writing skills;
- Good knowledge of SharePoint;
- Knowledge of Maximo, an asset;
- Good team spirit;
- Thoroughness, detail oriented, precision.
Adopts the views of internal partners to interpret their needs and provide added value.
dynamic and engaged. Responds to concerns and objections and shapes communication messages to address them.
VIA Rail is grateful to all candidates for their interest, but only those whose candidacy is selected will be contacted for an interview. VIA Rail is committed to employment equity and offers equal employment opportunities to all. VIA Rail is a military friendly employer.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.