Hetek Solutions is seeking responsible and highly motivated individuals to conduct field surveying from May 4th to August 28th to work as part of a crew performing walking inspections of natural gas distribution systems throughout Ontario.
Before commencing fieldwork, applicants must successfully complete our 5-day in-house training program with classroom and in-field instruction on Hetek's procedures using specialized gas detection and GPS instruments. Ideal candidates should relish the thought of walking 30 km a day through difficult terrain, spending your summer on the road with colleagues, keeping people safe, and working in a team environment with stringent quality standards.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· In this role, you will perform several types of surveys on gas and water pipelines including:
· Corrosion Surveys to determine the health of underground pipelines.
· Water Leak Detection Surveys to locate leaks in water distribution networks.
· Depth of Cover Surveys to confirm that underground pipelines are buried at the correct depth.
· Gas Distribution / Transmission Leak Inspection – to locate gas leaks in natural gas distribution and transmission systems.
· Other miscellaneous surveys driven by customer requirements.
This role requires a willingness to work independently, outdoors, in difficult environmental conditions, and under strict timelines. A love of the outdoors and physical fitness are necessary to perform well in this role. Extensive travel across Canada may be required.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour