Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 3.0 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 7000 homes in 100 communities.
The Senior Network Specialist will be an in-house hands-on network expert for our corporate infrastructure, remote sites and cloud-based architectures. As a key contributor to our IT Operations Team, the Senior Network Specialist works closely with IT personnel and management.
- Designing and implementing net new network solutions and improving the quality and efficiency of current networks in a hybrid operating model
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, firewalls, switches, AP, etc.
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installations
- Planning, implementing and testing scheduled upgrades
- Investigating and remediating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status and health to key stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall operations and culture of the
Asset Control and Maintenance
- Maintain daily performance of server and client hardware and software
- Maintain inventory of hardware and software assets.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum 6 years related experience in a midsize to a large company in a Network Specialist or Admin position
- Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, CompTIA certifications (prefer)
- Experience with CISCO and Meraki switches and firewalls
- Microsoft Windows (desktop and server) Operating System
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting network equipment
- Ability to create and maintain sustainable network documentation
- Demonstrated experience with real-time enterprise transactional systems.
- Strong aptitude for technical learning, including demonstrated ability to learn and master in-house applications.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Experience working with PCI compliant environments and ITIL processes
- Maintain SharePoint resources with appropriate permissions and security measures
- Monitor, prioritize, and manage escalated support tickets, and internal IT customer requests
- Promote and adhere to organizational information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Establish and communicate procedures to streamline workflow, while recognizing that operational needs
- Windows Active Directory, AD Connect, AD Federated Services, Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD SSPR
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Active Directory (group policy and user management)
- Deploy server-side software business applications
- Monitor health and integrity of compute environment and react to service disruptions
- Experience with Cloud identity management, single sign-on (SSO) & directory synchronization with Azure Active Directory
- Degree or diploma from an established education institution;
- ITIL or similar IT Best Practice certification;
- Professional Technology Certification such as MCP, MCSA, CCNP;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Technology Stack (Active Directory, NTFS Permissions, CIFS, SMB shares, DFS, DHCP, DNS, etc)
- Demonstrated experience of networking switches, TCP/IP and other network technologies
- Demonstrated experience in deployment and support of Windows 10, Mac OS X in a Windows networking environment
- Experience in Cisco Meraki firewalls
- Mobile Device Management of Apple Devices
- VPN and remote desktop configuration
- Office 365 Administration
- Virtual machines
- Cisco UCS
- Ability to build effective working relationships and demonstrate capability with cross-functional teams and vendors, as well as internal customers
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize; attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and occasional tight deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at www.wesgroup.ca/careers/ and apply with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Discounted/free food
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Networks: 6 years (Preferred)