Role Title: Construction Project Manager
The Construction Project Manager is to ensure smooth and efficient operation of his/her designated site(s). The Project Manager is also accountable to ensure that Construction projects do not exceed estimated cost, and to communicate openly with the sales/estimating/preconstruction departments to determine project specifics.
The Project Construction Manager reports to the Operations Manager. The Project Manager provides weekly reports utilizing several Key Performance Indicators. The Project Manager must also report to the Operations Manager as required to coordinate human resources and project schedules.
Please do not apply unless you have the following qualifications
Education and Experience
· 3-5 years’ Construction management experience or 5-7 years’ experience running Site crews
· Minimum five years’ experience with Light Gauge Steel framing construction
· Knowledge of Commercial construction industry, terms, procedures and practices
· Keen attention to details
· Experience with MS Office Suite and general computer skills
· Organizational and time management skills
· Knowledge of office procedures and practices
· Ability to openly communicate with other departments
· Ability to quickly adapt to scheduling demands
· Must be able to read & understand shop drawings and construction blueprints
· Attend project turnover meetings as required
· Attend weekly site meetings and openly communicate with clients.
· Liaise with Purchasing/Ops Manager to confirm start times and accurate delivery dates for all projects
· Attend weekly Operations Management meetings
· Approve time sheets and subcontractor invoices and ensure accurate cost coding on a weekly basis.
· Maintain control of material and labor cost
· Issue and distribute subcontractor POs when applicable
· Coordinate with Operations Manager and other Project Managers to procure labor as required
· Liaise with client to confirm site specific conditions and relay information as required to purchasing
· Ensure all change notices are priced accurately and promptly and follow-up with clients regarding approvals.
· Provide support to Operations Management in preliminary screening for recruitment in operations department
· Attend weekly production management meetings as scheduled by Operations Manager
· Provide accurate information to Operations Manager as requested on project scheduling. Include updates, changes, and variances from the project board as required
· Ensure all additional work orders as posted to the work order change board are implemented, and direction given to Project Foreman in a timely fashion
· Conduct safety reviews and reports as per company policy and/or as requested by Safety Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time