Division: Corporate People
Work Status: Full Time
Location: 25 Dockside Drive Toronto, Ontario
Corus is a driving force in the media industry, with a diverse portfolio of incredible brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. Some of our incredible brands include Global News, Food Network, Showcase, W Network, HGTV, YTV, Q107, 102.1 the Edge and many more…
Our Ideal Candidate is…. someone with a passion for benefits program management, enjoys HR technology and has a zeal for analysis. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where change is part of the everyday and witness the impact you are having keep reading.
Now about the job….
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Benefits & Pension you will use your benefits expertise and technical capabilities to lead the benefits function and contributing to the organization through your program recommendations.
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Responsible for program management of company Group Insurance Benefits and Total Rewards programs including Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Share Purchase Program (ESSP), Service Awards and employee discounts according to company philosophy and priorities
- Work with third party consultants, plan administrators, People business partners, Labour Relations and Communications to ensure that all plan members receive well executed plan member program launches, changes, or promotion communications with specific roll out plans for unionized employee populations
- Analyze, research and respond to complex inquiries from employees and leaders regarding interpretation of benefit plans, including eligibility, covered services and exclusions and documenting findings and recommendations for business decisions
- Lead the wellness and work-life balance policies, programs events and initiatives
- Identify and launch initiatives supporting the three pillars of the Corus wellness strategy for mental, physical and financial health
- Lead Dayforce HCM benefits system set up, configurations and interfaces
- Explore and propose options while working closely with Sr. HR Systems Analyst, Ceridian and Payroll to develop, test and implement system configuration changes
- Work with Sr. Manger Benefits & Pension and vendors to determine premium rate changes and implement changes in Dayforce HCM including system testing and reconciling employee payroll benefit deductions
- Lead benefits audits and perform advanced Excel analysis to ensure high level of data integrity and issues prevention and work with Payroll and third-party administrators to resolve issues and prevent reoccurrence
- Prepare benefits analysis and statistics as required
- Review, update and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) when needed
- Develop and continually explore improvements to company education strategies while working with vendors, Communications and Learning and Development to roll out internal employee communication and training
- Maintain Corus Central content on SharePoint based intranet site
- Seek continuous improvement striving for executional excellence and improved efficiencies at every opportunity
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and trends with respect to Total Rewards
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Have advanced knowledge of Benefits plan legislation, administration and collective agreement interpretation
- Display exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate information professionally, clearly and simply
- Work collaboratively with all parties so that all achieve the goals set out for them, to find alternate solutions, create back up plans for issues and projects and seek expert advice where warranted
- Possess well developed prioritization, time management, project management and multi-tasking skills and work well under pressure
- Display strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Possess high attention to detail with proofreading and auditing
- Previous experience with Ceridian Dayforce HCM system benefits system set ups and other modules preferred
- Possess technical skills with advanced Excel experience performing data analysis (i.e. lookup, IF, pivot tables)
- Sound capabilities using Word, PowerPoint with SharePoint is an asset
- Attain and maintain Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) and/or Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designations
At Corus, we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter by Wednesday, March 25, 2020 to:
Email: mike at recruitking.ca
Please include “Benefits Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
The above email is only to be used to apply to this specific Corus job posting. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- RRSP Match
- Wellness programs
Job Type: Full-time