Since 1949, Thames Valley Children’s Centre (TVCC) has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary, full time (37.5 hours per week) Behaviour Clinician in Autism & Behavioural Services. This position is expected to begin in February 2020 and end in May 2021. The position will focus on providing treatment services to children, youth and their families in TVCC and community-based environments, in the current and new Ontario Autism Program as well as the Fee for Service model.
The designated office for this position is Stratford; the catchment area includes Huron, Perth, Grey and Bruce counties. Regular travel within the region will be required. A flexible work schedule is required, including evening and weekend work.
- Initiate assessments through informal and formal observations, which may take place in a clinical setting and/or in the child’s natural environment(s)
- Describe the behavioural service options and assessment process and plan (as developed in collaboration with the family) and answer the family’s questions
- Identify behavioural challenges, if any, and conduct formal assessments as needed
- Develop a plan for recommended behavioural service (i.e., a behaviour plan)
- In collaboration with the child/youth, family and other professionals involved, document clinical decision-making process, including the rationale for the recommended intervention
- Complete documentation and process guidelines regarding skill development, competency, and treatment oversight to be used by staff implementing the intervention
- Monitor, communicate and evaluate the Behaviour Plan being implemented
- Clinically supervise the staff who implement the intervention
- Provide a written progress summary to the family and to the Family Team at meetings and as required at key decision and update points
- Master’s degree in psychology or other health or social sciences field and hold a current Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA®) credential. We will consider candidates who are within 6 months of sitting for their BCBA exam (successful completion is required)
o Listed on the BACB Certificant Registry as meeting the Standards for Supervision Requirements to supervise Exam Candidates
o Minimum three years of supervised direct clinical experience with at least eight children and youth with ASD with varied profiles and ages
o Additional training received on the design, monitoring, and supervision of ABA interventions across multiple environments
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, consensus-building and mentoring skills with staff, clients and families using a mature consistent approach
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to share expertise in ways that are understandable; ensuring that conversations are mutually respectful; and being transparent and collaborative with parents, youth and other community partners
- Ability to establish rapport with families that lead to trusting relationships; ensuring that families’ cultures are treated with sensitivity and dignity
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback, as well as advanced self-reflection skills
- Strong computer skills; including proficiency in the Microsoft Office 2010 package of programs, especially Word and Excel
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Proficiency in the French language would be considered an asset Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to TVCC Human Resources.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about Thames Valley Children's Centre, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Ontario Driver's Licence (Required)