Nuvo Iron™ is a leading manufacturer of ornamental fencing and accessories based in Bolton, ON. Selling throughout North America, we pride ourselves in delivering high quality and excellent customer service. We are currently looking for an organized, energetic and results-oriented Senior Procurement Specialist to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have experiences in manufacturing as well as warehouse environment dealing with more than 2,000 SKU’s, a good working knowledge of SAP and will be familiar with retail platforms.
· Coordination and expediting of purchase orders, maintaining appropriate inventory levels and requests for quotes (RFQ’s).
· Source and negotiate with key suppliers for products and raw materials to meet Nuvo Iron™ pricing, quality and lead time requirements; sourcing new vendors as required
· Attend trade shows as necessary.
· Negotiate strong vendor contracts to ensure availability and quality of product to avoid customer service issues.
· Expediting material delivery to ensure on-time & in-full delivery.
· Track and manage vendor performance against established targets.
· Manage a budget of $3M+ in inventory.
· Establish inventory categories (based on lead times, inventory turns, carrying costs etc.) & define min/max volumes and planned inventory turns.
· Maintain accurate data of materials, suppliers and components within ERP system.
· Ensure SAP system is being fully leveraged to forecast and manage inventory requirements.
· Work with Sales and Production to forecast inventory requirements while aggressively managing costs.
· Work with involved departments to resolve any quality issues of purchased products.
· Resolve invoice discrepancy issues with accounting.
· Prepare periodic purchasing, inventory and project reports.
· Drive continuous improvement of procurement and inventory process for cost savings.
· Help create and implement purchasing and inventory management policies and procedures.
· Assist with coordination of customs documentation for customs clearance.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in local and international purchasing, preferably in a manufacturing environment. In addition, the following skills & experience are sought:
· Experience in the steel industry and raw materials procurement is required.
· Experience with overseas imports & lead time requirements.
· Exceptional negotiation skills.
· Analytical decision making.
· Outcome-driven with strong process and continuous improvement orientation.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· 5+ years directly managing inventory volumes and processes.
· University or College degree in related area or equivalent experience.
· Possess or working towards APICS or similar certification.
· Strong computer skills (MS Office/ Excel/ Word/ Outlook, etc.) & ERP systems (SAP preferred).
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Team player with strong inter-personal skills.
We offer benefits, a RRSP package and a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, stating salary expectations, and a resume via email. Please, no phone calls. We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year