Lotus Group is excited to be working with a highly respected General Contractor to identify a Project Manager/ Estimator for a full-time in-office position based out of Kelowna, BC.
Our client is a prominent player in commercial, industrial and residential construction across British Columbia, from healthcare and education to housing and retail. With over four decades in business, they provide superior workmanship and uncompromising service to their clients.
This role has primary responsibility for full cycle project execution from estimating, scheduling, planning, implementation, and post-construction follow up. Reporting to the Owner, it is critical that the successful candidate thrives on working with various external stakeholders (i.e., Architects, sub trades, clients, etc) and works well within cross-functional teams in the organization. The Project Manager & Estimator will prepare project cost reports and collaborate with the Owner and tenured team of Project Managers. They will ensure the project adheres to plans and specifications which yield optimal profit levels while maintaining value added services to the clients and consultants. You are a motivated, honest, individual that is driven to lead projects from cradle to grave. The ideal candidate will have expertise with various types of projects from ground-ups to renovations in various markets.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Construction Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years progressive experience in commercial, industrial, residential construction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, expert in Excel.
- Must have experience and be comfortable in communicating and dealing with various levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- LEED certification, Gold Seal, or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
Cradle-to-grave responsibility for all activities related to the project including but not limited to:
- Assist in proposals and client interviews as required.
- Lead initial estimates and take-offs.
- Establish project requirements, cost estimates, project plan and budget.
- Choose key personnel and negotiate and award subcontractors for the project.
- Oversee, control, and report on project progress, costs and budget throughout the project.
- Cultivate strong working relationships and communications between owners, contractors, sub-trades, and project staff.
- Contribute to weekly company meetings, bi-weekly Project Manager progress meetings.
- Resolve disputes, negotiate change orders, and communicate decisions to owners, sub-contractors, and management personnel.
- Contribute coaching and guidance to assigned field engineering and project staff.
- Contribute performance feedback to sub-trades.
- Develop project tracking systems and criteria to benchmark and measure project performance (i.e., quality, timeliness, client satisfaction).
- Assist leadership in defining project improvement focus areas and lessons learned.
- Communicate and enforce company safety standards and operating practices.
- Knowledge of municipal by-laws, provincial and federal regulations as required.
- Performs other related work as required.
Compensation: A comprehensive compensation plan will accompany the successful candidate based on experience and qualifications. Additional compensation based upon performance is built into the compensation plan.
We would like to thank all interested applicants. Please note that only those applicants who meet the qualifications and requirements will be contacted.
We thank all interested applicants. Please note that only those applicants who meet the qualifications and requirements will be contacted.
Lotus Group provides Elevated Search, Recruitment and Human Resource services across Canada. With established client and talent networks spanning coast to coast, we know that employees are the power that fuel excellent organizations. Lotus group is dedicated to being Canada's most trusted provider of Elevated People Solutions.
For more information, visit www.lotus-group.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project management: 7 years (preferred)
- Construction estimating: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person