Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
A licensed mechanic performs a wide variety of maintenance work to maintain equipment and facilities. Skills acquired through advanced training and licenses may be used in performing this work.
Install / maintain / troubleshoot production equipment:
pumps, tanks, motors, mixers, augers, hydraulics and pneumatics
Complete preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
Document completed work, equipment findings, and parts information as required
Maintain personal tools and shop areas in a neat and clean condition
This Full Time position is located in Georgetown, ON; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be able to read/write English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, and pounding with hammer.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship, an Ontario Certificate of Apprenticeship, or 5 years Maintenance Mechanic Experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHSA, ESA, MOL and MOE safety regulations
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.