The International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) is one of the best-recognized English language schools in Canada and is known for its students’ diversity (our students come from over 75 countries), quality of teaching, and exceptional customer service in our modern, boutique style facilities.
Our Company mission is to provide the highest quality English language Education and a life-changing Canadian experience to our students and staff.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for you,highly motivated, organized, customer focused, driven and goals oriented individual.
The Pathways Placement Specialist provides ongoing counselling support to ILAC's international students who are interested in a post-secondary education in Canada, helps them to develop individual study plans based on their goals, and ensures a high quality of customer experience.
The position involves a cooperative work with overseas partners and educational institutions in Canada, and maintaining an ongoing communication on students’ applications and documentation.
We’re looking for a candidate who possesses a broad knowledge and understanding of Canadian post-secondary education system, has excellent communication and customer service skills, can work successfully as the part of a team and individually in a fast-paced working environment, and has strong counselling skills and patience.
Direct experience in a similar position or marketing experience in the education industry would be an asset.
What you will be doing:
- Answer phone calls, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from educational partners, students, and internal staff;
- Establish and continuously build productive relationships with educational partners and students;
- Monitor students enrolled to the pathways program, contact them once they start studying at ILAC and follow up with them on ongoing basis;
- Help students to choose the best program based on students’ goals and academic background;
- Help with applications to an university or college program and collection of documentation required, follow up on an application status;
- Invite educational institutions-partners to organize info tables at ILAC campuses;
- Plan, organize and schedule university and colleges visits for students;
- Submit all supportive documentation(transcripts, diplomas) to the colleges and universities;
- Maintain all records in a database;
- Participate in colleges and universities visits and in-house mini-fairs as needed;
- Enforce policies and procedures established by ILAC;
- Other duties as required.
- Customer Focus
- Quality and Excellence Orientation
- Coordination and prioritization
- Planning and Organization
- Solid communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Team Work
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity to all cultures while acting with tact and diplomacy at all times;
- Strong computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word;
- University or college degree/diploma in business or related field, or an appropriate combination of education and experience;
- 1-2 years of successful relevant experience, preferably in Education industry, Marketing, Sales;
- Knowledge of Canadian education system;
- Basic market and pathways process knowledge;
- Excellent customer care and service excellence attitude;
- Complete fluency in Russian and English
You also bring:
- Willingness for self-development and day-to-day learning;
- Enthusiasm and passion for customer service;
- International experience.
Apply Now! We are accepting applications immediately!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Include your resume and a cover letter (tell us why you want to work with ILAC);
- Please make sure the subject line of your email states Pathway Placement Specialist;
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and available to start immediately.
We thank all candidates who are interested in applying for the position, kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility to Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted, please advise should you require accommodation during the hiring process
Job Type: Contract
- Administrative: 1 year (Required)
- International Education: 2 years (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Student advising: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)