Kerr & Company CPA is seeking a qualified Senior Accounting Technician to join our growing team on a full-time basis. Kerr & Company CPA is a smaller CPA firm located in the Landmark District of Kelowna providing both corporate and personal tax services in addition to bookkeeping and general business consulting for small to mid-sized owner managed companies and professionals.
- Preparation of Notice to Reader working paper files including all required forms, draft financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Preparation of regular external filings such as GST, T4’s & T5's
- Performing bookkeeping including reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provide support to clients on general questions regarding year end and bookkeeping issues
- Preparation of T1 Personal Income Tax Returns
- Compilation and organization of supporting documentation required to prepare income tax returns
Education and Professional Skills
- Post secondary education in accounting
- Two or more years experience in a public accounting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel and Word)
- Proficiency in accounting related software (Simply Accounting, Quickbooks)
- Comfortable working with Caseware/Caseview
- Comfortable working with Taxcycle, Taxprep or similar tax software.
- Prioritizing workload with the flexibility of managing multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (grammar, spelling & formatting)
- Must be well organized with a high attention to detail
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
We offer a positive working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in an opportunity with Kerr & Company CPA and enjoy the variety of work that public practice provides, please submit your resume and cover letter. This role does not require a CPA designation, and we welcome all applicants with relevant work experience. We will carefully review all applications, and those selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- public practice: 2 years (Required)