Contract Pharmaceuticals Limited is a contract manufacturer and packager of prescription and over the counter pharmaceutical products. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive and innovative outsourcing services that exceed the uncompromising demands of the global pharmaceutical industry.
This project manager will manage the transition and integration of new business and product development projects into CPL by coordinating internal parties to meet strict timelines and multiple objectives. This individual will liaise between Product Development and Operations, as well as with other internal stakeholders from Business Development and Quality, to manage the transition of approved projects and products from regulatory approval through to validation and execution to launch. Oversee activities required to advance, optimize and scale-up a stable semi-solid (cream, lotion, ointment, gel) / liquid (topical, oral, sub-lingual, nasal spray) formulation to make it suitable for commercial production..
- Creates project plans for approved projects internally and focused on the technical transfer aspects between product development, through to operations and full execution.
- Facilitates effective communication between the external customers and the internal technical team to ensure mutual understanding of requirements, priorities, timeliness, limitations, perspectives and positions.
- Establishes project milestones, effectively manages project timelines, and ensures that the resources assigned to projects are adequate to meet project objectives.
- Ensures alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners. Interact with internal and external customers to respond to inquiries, gather pertinent information and negotiate requirements.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project and financial analysis and ensures inputs are provided to the management for accurate business planning processes.
- Monitors project deliverables against plan and works with project teams to identify risks, contingencies and alternatives to maintain project schedule.
- Facilitate team meetings effectively, provide objectives and meeting agendas in advance.
- Prepare clear, detailed minutes of all project meetings, for team and management review.
- Coordinate effective and accurate information flow from/to internal/external customers and business partners.
- Develop and foster relationships with key customer contacts to ensure that CPL is considered a business partner for other projects in the present and the future.
- Assist in the development of business proposal and quotes by working with internal subject matter experts to gather information to provide back to Business Development.
- Develop and implement metrics to measure progress and efficiency of team and meet project goals, timelines and deliverables.
- Conduct routine project reviews with project teams and senior management. Keeps management informed of project concerns/escalation issues/successes.
- Identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for streamlining or other efficiency/improvements for teams and business processes.
- Coordinates timelines and negotiates resource requirements with the Formulation and Analytical Development lead Scientists and pilot plant team for scheduling of the work and assignment of resources to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Maintains department expenses record and customer invoicing.
- Communicates with Finance personnel on invoicing customers for the delivered work and assist in follow-up of billing activities.
- Manage strong communication with the customer as main point of contact, ensuring that all developments or changes to project plan are conveyed appropriately.
- Develop and maintain project plans through utilization of Project Management tools such as Gantt Charts, MS Project software, critical path development and resource management.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of resources and supplies to reduce waste and achieve cost containment and Lean objectives.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of strategies to measure and improve aspects of fulfilling customer commitments.
- Contributes to the achievement of top-line revenue targets by pursuing opportunities for new work with clients and through a judicious monitoring of client requests.
- Evaluates prospective PD projects, literature, procedures and protocols to determine technical feasibility and project scope.
- Mentors other project managers when time permits.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in his / her assigned work area; instructs and enforces compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; ensures assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner.
- Promotes and exemplifies the CPL Culture, ensuring the delivery of an exceptional customer experience through demonstrating CPL’s core values.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in business, pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry or sciences discipline. Advanced Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical product development environment.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) completion is a must.
- A background in pharmaceutical analytical/product and process development will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience leading or influencing interdisciplinary development teams is required.
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project are required.
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools, and methodology with experience in most phases of drug product development.
- Working knowledge and application of GMP and GLP principles, in addition to other related and relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Demonstrated competencies in CPL’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust and Fairness.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt, respond quickly and manage change in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to translate strategy into action; strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
CPL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. CPL is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.