LITIGATION LAWYER POSITION - OTTAWA
Auger Hollingsworth is an accident and injury litigation law firm serving Eastern Ontario for the last 15 years. We have four offices across Ottawa located in Kanata, Nepean, Downtown, and Ottawa East that allow us to best serve our clients and provide an easy commute for team members.
Role and Responsibilities
As we continue to expand, we are looking for an experienced Litigation Lawyer to have primary carriage of litigation files. This position works closely with a Law Clerk or Paralegal as well as offers a professional learning opportunity through direct mentorship by senior lawyers. If you are eager to work in a fast-paced environment while conducting your own discoveries, mediations and trials, along with significant direct client contact, this is the position for you!
We are looking for only an "A Players" who thrives on knowing exactly what is expected and wants the ability to grow and earn more in our unique practice model.
What Makes Auger Hollingsworth Different
- We are a small, award-winning team that likes to have fun! Through various social events and bring your dog to work days on Fridays, we pride ourselves on being a workplace that team members enjoy coming to.
- We want more team members that grow with us over the long-term. We don't want people who just want a short-term "job". We want professionals who want a long-term growth oriented career in law. This is another reason we offer a pension plan!
- We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus opportunities, health and dental benefits, and pension plan.
- We understand that our team works hard, but also needs time to rest and play, which is why we have an unlimited vacation policy.
- To ensure we offer the best service possible to our clients and team member professional growth, we also provide regular continuing professional development and internal growth opportunities.
- At least 5 years of civil litigation experience (and up to 12 years)
- A member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Experience with client contact and management, discoveries, mediations, pre-trials and trials.
- Superior Negotiation skills.
- Superior communication and English writing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaborate in a team environment.
- Quick responder, action taker and “can do anything” attitude.
- Plaintiff or defence personal injury litigation experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of accident benefits and injury tort claims.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience in communicating with insurance adjusters and defence lawyers.
- French or other language skills would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Litigation Lawyer: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19