Legal Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
Legal receptionists are the gatekeepers of a law firm or legal department. They work at the front desk in the law firm lobby or waiting area, greeting clients and visitors and answering incoming calls. Since the receptionist is often the first person with whom clients and visitors interact, he or she is important to the image of the firm and must be polished, professional and articulate.
Legal Receptionist Duties:
- Greeting clients and visitors and answering visitor inquiries
- Answering and routing incoming calls on a multi-line telephone system
- Scheduling and routing clients
- Maintaining and scheduling conference rooms
- Maintaining the waiting area, lobby or other public areas
- Drafting affidavit of documents and requesting productions and undertakings on an ongoing basis
- Ordering supplies
- Scanning, photocopying, faxing and filing documents
- Collecting and routing mail and hand-delivered packages
- Verifying employee identification and issuing visitor passes
- Familiarity with legal terms and jargon and an understanding of various office forms and legal documents is also crucial to the job.
Legal Receptionist Skills and Qualification Duties:
- High school diploma is required.
- Some formal office education or training as well as experience in a law office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Customer-service oriented with superb communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team
- Mature work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 to $17.00 /hour
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)