Who we are?
At Vantage, we take precision agriculture products from trusted brands like Trimble and combine them to create solutions for every day farming activities. These solutions benefit growers by improving efficiency and reducing operator fatigue in addition to optimizing resources like fuel, seed, fertilizer, and water. Whether it’s precision planting, variable rate irrigation, or harvest yield monitoring; we have a solution for improving efficiency on your operation.
We are an authorized Trimble Precision Ag distribution partner. Your primary function as an Agricultural Sales Specialist is to develop and grow the precision agricultural technology portfolio in Southern Saskatchewan. You will identify market opportunities for both strategic and smaller scale customers.
As a technical sales professional you have the knowledge and understanding of solutions, industry best practices, and technology designs across multiple product families.
In this role, you will...
- Understand, position, and sell the full Trimble Precision Ag portfolio, services and solutions to new and existing customers within the assigned territory
- Manage sales from lead generation, qualification, to final presentation
- Achieve personal and team monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets to grow your market share in your territory
- Develop an annual sales plan to generate new customer leads with clearly defined objectives;
- Conduct product demonstrations of the features and benefits combined with solutions offerings
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Evaluate customers’ skills, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Attend meetings, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Update our CRM daily with account information
- Travel throughout your territory
- Excellent understanding of the Ag market
- Experience with agricultural, Trimble technology, or relevant industry expertise
- Technical aptitude and a commitment to continue skill development on Precision Ag products and services
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean record
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Agronomy background
- Business or sales/account management experience
- Familiarity with different sales techniques
- Salesforce experience
Why choose us?
Vantage offers a competitive compensation package, Flexible health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Vantage, your way.Vantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.