Ministry of Children and Family Development
This posting is for permanent opportunities available in Kelowna, Vancouver, or Surrey. A flexible work arrangement may be available.
Child Protection Worker, Provincial Centralized Screening
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 1-Grid Temporary Market Adjustment at the full working level
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth, and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in B.C.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are devoted to helping others and improving the lives and wellbeing of children and families. When you pursue a career as a Child Protection Worker, you are choosing a meaningful role in supporting the lives of British Columbians. In this Child Protection Worker position, you work with a mindset of curiosity and respect to recognize the strengths and needs of children, youth and families. You are agile and flexible in your responses to needs, focusing on the strengths of individuals, families, communities and cultures. You have a sincere commitment to invest in relationships and community, practicing from a place of connection.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Social Work OR Child and Youth Care OR Master of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor’s Degree with a Major/Honors in a Human Services OR Master’s level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor’s Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of two years of recent related OR job-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Human Services fields include: Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology, or Nursing.
For more information, a complete list of qualifications, and to apply online by August 19, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/88722
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $66,557.72-$75,884.38 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday