RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, participates in the execution of experiments on our in vivo functional genomics project studying sarcoma tumors. Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks according to established methodology, including mouse colony management and genotyping of mice, technical assistance on both minor and major surgical procedures on tumor bearing mice and performing primary cell culture. Assists post-docs and students, and compiles collected data.
- Participate in the execution of laboratory projects and experiments. Perform a variety of specialized technical tasks according to established methodology in fields such as molecular biology, cell biology and flow cytometry,
- Prepare and set up materials and equipment. Perform a variety of assays, analyses and tests using primary tissue culture, molecular biology techniques, electrophoresis and histological procedures. Participate in small animal handling and surgeries,
- Record results, perform calculations and compile data. Maintain records and files,
- Provide training on the operation of apparatus or techniques,
- Maintain equipment and perform minor repairs. Arrange for servicing,
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the work area,
- Maintain inventory. Purchase equipment and materials,
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s or College diploma in Sciences,
- Experience in research using mouse models, primary cell culture and molecular biology are an asset.
Pay Scale :
based on qualifications and experience
Work Shift :
from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Work Site :
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.