Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the overall development and implementation of outreach, marketing, communications and revenue generating strategies, events, programs, policies and services for alumni and donors.
Qualifications:The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of management practices in people management, strategic planning and risk management, policy development, financial management and stakeholder relationship management
- Issues and trends at Carleton and in the higher education sector related to advancement
- Knowledge of event management, marketing and communications
- Contemporary best practices in advancement strategy, programs, service delivery models and enabling technologies
- Knowledge of the legislative and ethical frameworks governing advancement
The above is normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree. This along with a minimum of seven years of related experience in progressive leadership roles.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.