Position Type: On-Call/Supply
Malton Neighbourhood Services EarlyON Centre is seeking a Program Facilitator to implement early learning activities for parents/caregivers and children from birth to six years. The successful candidate will need to be available during the days, evenings and or on weekends for this position.
- Implement, develop and plan inquiry-based early years programs for parent/caregivers and their children ages birth to six years that are relevant and meaningful and clear understanding of current pedagogy for EarlyON framework and family resource principles.
- Supervise programs sites to ensure that the health and safety of the play environment and equipment are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with day to day operational procedures of Malton Neighbourhood Services EarlyON programs which include health and safety, accommodation and customer services standards
- Facilitating or co-facilitating various parenting programs
- Can work confidently in an inquiry-based, early learning program environment
- Responsible for the maintenance, distribution, and inventory of parenting resources, equipment, and supplies
- Providing a welcoming environment while conducting orientations to new participants, ensuring registration and sign-in procedures are maintained
- Submit accurate and timely program administrative forms and documents
- Early Childhood Education degree/diploma a must
- Registered Early Childhood Educator a must
- Understand and practice self-reflection
- Strong and demonstrated programming experience with young children and families with minimum two years’ experience
- Some experience with group work and group facilitation skills and experience
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, be an active team player in a very busy and flexible work environment is an asset
- Comfort and confidence working independently
- Committed to working with a family focus center, work in a diverse work environment and to be sensitive to the uniqueness of all peoples’ life experiences
- Ability to work in a strong team environment, take initiative and leadership and responsibility
- Demonstrate comfort in oral and written communication skills utilizing technology devices or tools
- Interest and enthusiasm in working with families
- Second languages are an asset
- Certification in Mother Goose, Nobody’s Perfect, Group Facilitation an asset
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the Hiring Committee. Deadline for applications: January 31, 2020 by 4:30 pm. A police clearance will be required as a condition of work.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Malton Neighbourhood Services is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Casual
- demonstrated programming with young children: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)