Pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Canada, Le Germain believes in the importance of staying small and intimate. Whether in Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Charlevoix or Ottawa, we make sure our guests are welcomed warmly and enjoy attentive and personalized service throughout their stay. Our carefully designed rooms with their timeless charm complete the guest experience, an experience of elegance. Le Germain Hotels: It’s in the details.
Hotel: Le Germain Hotel Ottawa
Position: Sales Coordinator
Position Overview: Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Coordinator will provide support for the Business Development Managers and the General Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Main contact for answering calls, forwarding sales e-mails and correspondence
· Manage all incoming meeting only inquiries from initial request to invoicing
· Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication both written (resumes, BEO, daily reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event.
· Coordinate with Food and Beverage team to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
· Coordinate with clients through the use of proposals, cost estimates, and group contracts to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs
· Maintain and file signed negotiated corporate agreement and loads all corporate rates into Opera and the Excel sheet including FIT contracts
· Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as assigned by GM.
· Verify and prepare all invoices for all meeting and group blocks that take place in the hotel
· Coordination of all in-house meetings
· Prepare the distribution package for operational meeting each week
· Handle all sales inquiries when sales managers are unavailable including site inpsections
· Prepare month end statistical reports as assigned by the General Manager or RDOS.
· Updates all reader boards in the hotel
· Update all internal daily communication reports
· Keep track of all corporate production and provides information to RDOS and GM.
· Liaise with reservations and accounting concerning room blocks and deposits
· Ensure the validity of all necessary (AR) accounts with accounting
· Support sales team members with execution of Fam Trips, client events, trade shows and travel Prepare letters, memos and other documents related to the sales department and maintain computer and paper based filing
· Good computer knowledge – Microsoft office & Opera
· Fluency in English verbal and written a must, French an asset
· Individual who can multi-task in fast paced environment
· Exceptional organizational skills
Industry: Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00 to $43,000.00 /year