Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Nutrition Aide, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work:
Permanent part-time, up to 24 hours per week.
This is a UFCW position. Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered as a factor in selection.
What you'll be doing
You'll do a wide variety of things in the kitchen including, but not limited to:
- Portion out and serve food and beverages within the dining room and/or cafeteria
- Prepare beverages and food items such as tea, coffee, and toast and also assemble items such as sandwiches and salads
- Wash, peel and store vegetables and fruit as well as prepare the fruit and vegetables by slicing, dicing and grating, etc.
- Prepare meat, fish, and poultry items by grinding, flouring and/or breading
- Prepare sandwich fillings and salads by combining, measuring, mixing, grating and/or blending ingredients
- Wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operate dishwasher and/or pot washing machines
- Stack clean dishes and utensils; also set, clear and clean dining tables
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and sanitizing counter tops, sinks, machines, and equipment and spot washing walls and splash areas
- Clean, operate and maintain equipment according to safety, health and sanitation laws and guidelines standards
- Observe all Health/Safety regulations for proper food handling, personal hygiene & proper use of all equipment
What we're looking for
- Food Handler Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to provide speedy, efficient, courteous, and tactful customer service while you work with other staff and function effectively in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to multitask, work effectively under pressure and flexible hours when necessary
- Evidence of good work and attendance record
- Intermediate computer skills
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.