A private college located in Downtown Vancouver is looking for ESL instructors.
Here are the details:
This position requires the instructor to teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups and independent or group projects. This position requires the individual to be adaptable and flexible.
Evenings: from 5 or 6 pm, 3 to 4 days a week
Camps: Winter, Spring and Summer
Substitutes: all or portion of classes running from 9 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach students using a systematic plan with clear learning objectives
- Advise students on program curricula
- Maintain a professional relationship with students while ensuring that their general well-being is also looked after
- Keep accurate records of student attendance and report patterns of absence
- Bachelor's degree
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA), Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL/TEFL/TESOL) Certificate or Diploma, TESL Canada Professional Certificate (Level One or Two)
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred
- Familiarity with MS Office
- IELTS, test preparation and pronunciation experience an asset
- Experience working as a Barista or working with Junior students is an asset
* Please note that all TESOL Diplomas/Certificates must be Languages Canada certified. Foreign University Degrees must be ICES evaluated and approved.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter referencing which position they are applying for. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Job Type: Contract