TF Warren Group Canada, is a premier lining and coating applicator based in Brantford, Ontario. We are currently looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team.
Why work for us? We offer an environment where safety is top priority, we believe employees are our greatest strength, we are committed to customer satisfaction, and we always act with integrity.
We also offer very competitive wages and a Profit Share Plan!
Please check out our video for more information:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of safety plans, policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with corporate regulations and standards, as well as all laws governing workplace health and safety
- Provide daily support to managers and employees on matters relating to safety, health, and the environment.
- Conduct investigations and determine root causes and corrective actions relating to safety incidents or accidents.
- Conduct facility safety inspections and audits and support supervisor toolbox talk
- Co-chair and manage content for JHSC meetings
- Perform new hire orientation and employee safety training (respiratory, fall protection, confined space, process safety management, incentive program, emergency and evacuation program, etc.)
- Assist in development of action plans to reduce or eliminate occupational illnesses and injuries
- Maintain facility’s emergency and evacuation plans, safety procedures and other relevant processes as required
- Perform WSIB claims management and return to work planning
- Develop content and lead training for employees and managers on related health and safety topic
- Oversee health and safety administrative functions, including training matrix and third party auditing sites
- Post-secondary education with certification in Health and Safety and Environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health & safety coordinator role
- An in-depth understanding of health & safety principles and practices as they apply to industrial environments
- Positive and dynamic attitude oriented towards communication and courtesy
- Solid knowledge of related Occupational Health & Safety Acts, Workers Compensation Act, Disability Management, and Return to Work programs
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in HSE auditing
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- First aid and CPR certification is an asset
We offer an accessible recruitment process that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to inform the Recruiter that contacted you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Health & Safety: 2 years (Preferred)