Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) is an award winning integrated construction company with over 70 years’ experience successfully completing road and bridge building, paving and industrial projects throughout BC.
As a family-owned and people focused company we strive to train and develop the best leaders in our industry. We provide a culture of learning, open communication, professionalism, respect and accountability. We are seeking a Heavy Civil Project Manager (mid to senior level) for our civil construction division based in Kelowna, BC. This is an opportunity to influence our future and make a difference in our company’s success.
· Provide positive safety and quality leadership throughout the duration of the project.
· Represent the company as the commercial point of contact for the client, acting in the company’s best interest, while maintaining positive relationships with the client.
· Ensure project deliverables and plans are prepared and issued to the client in accordance with the contract requirements.
· Develop and monitor resource requirements for the project, coordinating with other personnel and operating divisions to optimize corporate resource utilization.
· Negotiate and manger major vendor contracts and subcontracts.
· Identify changes to scope of work, and manage the change process is a proactive, and collaborative manner.
· Regularly monitor and review project cost variances, providing feedback to project teams as appropriate, and reporting job performance to the Operations Manager.
· Develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule.
· Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolves problems proactively.
· Identify constructability issues in moderately complex situations and develop solutions to the construction plan and schedule where applicable.
· Evaluate workmanship and quality and abide by the company Quality Management program.
· Mentor and lead operations staff on site.
· As a personal core value, have an unwavering commitment to a culture of zero incidents;
· A minimum of 5 years, preferably 10 years, of Project Management experience managing road and civil construction projects ranging in value from $2M to $50M;
· Experience managing self-perform operations in a unionized environment;
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management, or civil technologist diploma;
· Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling and safety regulations;
· Ability to take on unique challenges daily, with the responsibility of keeping a project on schedule and in budget;
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Willing to travel out of town;
· Knowledge of WorkSafeBC Health & Safety legislation and regulations;
· Must possess a vaild class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract;
Emil Anderson Construction thanks all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. For more information about our company and future employment opportunities please visit our website at www.eac.bc.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $105,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year