Competition Number P09916
Posting Title Library Clerk
Classification Band 3
Location Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
Building Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Date Posted 01/23/2020
Closing Date 02/03/2020
JIQ # 10106
Start Date 02/03/2020
End Date 06/30/2020
Open Until Filled No
Category of work Part Time
Bargaining Unit Professional Services
Hours of Work Regulated 36 hours (modified)
Salary Range $18.67 - $22.32 per hour
Temporary Market Stipend
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
.5 position. Anticipated hours are Monday – Thursday: 9am-1pm, Friday: 7:30-4:00. May include evenings and weekends.
Posting Status Open
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
1. Clerical duties in all areas of library services, and will provide librarians, and library technicians with clerical support.
2. Perform circulation tasks such as check-out and check-in materials, enter or update patron records, shelve library materials.
3. Perform common office procedures, such as operating office equipment, filing, distributing incoming/outgoing mail, photocopying, and receptionist duties.
4. Assist clients with use of Saskatchewan Polytechnic computer stations (logging into Saskatchewan Polytechnic Network, mySaskPolytech, Saskatchewan Polytech Libraries online catalogue, MS Office applications, and scanning).
5. Troubleshoot problems related to computers, network login, MS Office applications, Creation Station (multi-purpose multimedia computer station), printer/copiers, and any other Library equipment; elevate problem to a library technician, librarian, or Information Technology Services (ITS).
6. Maintain library files and records.
7. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Completion of Grade 12 supplemented with relevant training in clerical and library programs or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Minimum one year library experience or recent graduation (within one year) from a recognized library technician program.
3. Knowledge of standard library filing systems.
4. Training and/or experience in the use of MS Word and Excel.
5. Knowledge of common office procedures and operations.
6. Computer familiarity with keyboarding skills and basic level computer troubleshooting knowledge.
7. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Ability to learn the Library of Congress Classification System.
9. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
10. Demonstrates valuing diversity.