Specializing in home additions and major home renovations in old Toronto neighbourhoods, Men At Work Design Build provides integrated engineering, design and professional construction services to help solve home space problems for Toronto families. Since 1989, we have been involved in over a thousand renovation and addition projects on Toronto homes of every imaginable description, style, and budget. Our team has received numerous local, provincial and international awards and acknowledgments for outstanding design and workmanship, and for delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.
Men At Work is seeking a full-time, full-cycle General Accountant to join the office administration team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day bookkeeping and administrative tasks and must be adaptable to the various demands of the position. They will report to the Controller and work regularly with the President, Production Manager, Project Managers, Design team, and various other partners and associates. They must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Process and review daily financial transactions into accounting software.
- Record and process cash disbursements and receipts.
- Complete bank, credit card, vendor statement, and account reconciliations.
- Maintain capital asset depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Prepare and review monthly job cost reports and WIP.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation and review of project and company budgets.
- Process and monitor purchase orders.
- Administration of invoicing and collections.
- Prepare GST/HST, WSIB, and other regulatory/government filings.
- Process payroll.
- Administration of various software and systems. I.e. Time tracking system, CRM, Project Management portal, master spreadsheets.
- Other miscellaneous admin tasks.
The successful candidate will also participate in R&D and oversight of new processes and procedures to improve the accounting, sales, administrative, and customer service aspects of the business. In addition to general accounting, candidates who have interest or experience in these other business functions are preferred.
- At least four years of post-secondary education in accounting, finance or business studies.
- Excellent professional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-disciplined, problem solver and high attention to detail.
- Strong technical aptitude towards learning and evaluating new computer software, systems, and procedures.
- Adept with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and G Suite.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online or other accounting software is an asset.
- Experience with cloud-based software for payroll and timesheet processing, CRM, and Project Management is an asset.
- Hands-on, in-depth bookkeeping and accounting experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of residential renovations, construction or design and/or experience in related industries beneficial.
- Aptitude and interest in other business functions, including Sales, Marketing, and General Admin.
$40k to $65k per year
Health and Dental plan.
Flexible work-life balance, including potential work from home.