***Note: Only candidates who submit both a COVER LETTER and CV will be considered.
Brightside Learning, located in DDO (West Island), provides ADHD, academic & study skills coaching to students from grades one through Cegep. We teach students how to learn by providing them with tools & opportunities to help them succeed academically and personally, and ultimately reach their full potential.
We are currently hiring Study Buddy Coaches to work with students at their homes in Vaudreuil-Dorion, Kirkland and Dorval. The Study Buddy coach will work to help students complete their assigned homework and studying by using the Brightside methods.
Who you are
- A Cegep or University student, educator, or retiree, who is passionate about education and learning, and who has experience with tutoring or coaching
- Able to meet with students at their homes in the areas listed
- Available to work after school and/or weekends in short time blocks of 1 or 1.5 hours
- A “people-person” with lots of positive energy who enjoys interacting with others and going above & beyond
- A great listener with a positive attitude who exudes enthusiasm and looks on the bright side.
- Great at keeping in touch with and following up with people
- Highly organized and efficient… you’re the type of person who loves new school supplies and writes things down on your to-do list even after you’ve done them…just for the fun of checking them off.
- You do things well AND you do them quickly.
- You are internally motivated and committed to doing excellent work
- Excited by the idea of being part of a small, growing business that has a positive impact on the lives of students and their families …you want to feel like your work is making a difference.
- Able to commit to this position for at least a year
Prerequisite Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of the high school curriculum and academic expectations
- The ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically with diverse populations
- Knowledge of ADHD and/or how to help students stay motivated and on track
- Effective planning/organizational skills
- An effective problem-solver with excellent skills for listening and hearing
- A willingness to follow directions, be receptive to feedback and work as a team player.
- Very comfortable with technology, such as Google applications, apps for cell phones and tablets, using an online database to track student progress, and use of email and texting.
The starting rate for this independent contractor position is $18.00 per hour and training will begin immediately.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 /hour