Compliance Assistant – Summer Contract
LOCATION Hybrid or Flexible (Remote / Office Work)
About the Organization
Three Holdings Inc. (comprised of MedThree Insurance Group, South Western Insurance Group Ltd., and Optisure Underwriting Services Inc.) is a privately held insurance services group that strategically invests in the MGA business segment, providing an operating platform, shared services capabilities, and strategic direction.
Three Holdings Inc. operates from offices located in Toronto, Québec.
We have earned a reputation for excellence in underwriting, risk management and customer service. We are continuously perfecting the way we do business and are satisfied with nothing less than the absolute highest level of service. MedThree’s Vision is “To be the preferred Canadian Wholesaler based on superior service and underwriting excellence delivered by knowledgeable staff”.
About the Opportunity
Working closely with the Compliance Team to organize, update and manage broker profiles. This position will be reporting to the Compliance Officer.
Responsibilities & what you’ll be doing:
- Assist compliance in daily activities including but not limited to auditing/updating the broker database;
- Review active broker list and track duplicates requiring deletion or merging;
- Contacting brokers to confirm necessary information needed for updating the broker database;
- Confirming broker licenses on regulator websites;
- Vetting brokers by various means;
- Delete or merge broker profiles within database;
- Send out broker agreements and set tasks for follow up;
- Follow up on outstanding broker agreements;
- Updating the Compliance team with any broker and or database related issues and ensure the broker database is meeting compliance standards;
- Participate in special projects and other administrative duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated individual and collaborator who is client focused, proactive in dealing with situations and uses critical judgment to make decisions and offer solutions. The person will also demonstrate the following:
- Secondary School Diploma;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and basic knowledge of Adobe PDF;
- Organized, detailed oriented and accurate;
- Action oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task;
- Aptitude to seek information, problem solve and exhibit sound judgment;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills;
- Possess the highest degree of integrity;
- Service focused and willing to learn new skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment with a professional and friendly manner;
- Autonomous and comfortable working with minimal supervision (blend of working from the office and remote work).
Why South Western Insurance Group Ltd.? We offer:
· Comprehensive Health Benefits
· Work-life balance with flexible work hours
· Support of continuing education training and programs
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Application deadline: 2022-06-11