Maven Lane is recruiting Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator Assistants to join our team in our Armstrong location.
Ever wonder what it would be like working with an Employer of Choice? Maven Lane is Canada’s 2nd largest non-profit early learning centre located in beautiful Vernon BC. Providing leading edge early learning and care with a focus on emergent curriculum, natural play spaces and programming created with children’s interests at heart. Are you a passionate ECE/ECEA seeking a creative and supportive team culture and want to take your career to a level of excellence...now is your chance!
Maven Lane is a designated Universal Childcare Prototype Site looking forward to the future of child care in our community. We offer a unique incentive package driven by the interest of each of our employees, including extended health and dental coverage, personal allowances, registered retirement savings, and paid vacations.
Job Summary: Early Childhood Educators are responsible for guiding children from infancy to school age. Using a variety of educational philosophies and life skills, educators will provide care in a manner that will encourage children’s intellectual, physical, social, developmental and emotional growth and support the children with care including hygiene, feeding, exercise and play.
- Current Early Childhood Education License to practice
- Current Early Childhood Educator Assistant License to practice
- Current First Aid Certificate
- 2 + years minimum of previous work experience in a similar environment is recommended
- Implementation of current early childhood development philosophies
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques
- Positive, pro-active, and professional persona
- Reliable, cooperative and flexible work ethic
- Sense of responsibility
- Leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills
Job Type: Part-time/ Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-36 per week
Salary: $28.00-$31.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-02