Sourcing and purchasing of sub-contracted machining and fabrication requirements in accordance with the Principles of Buying to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Review part blueprints, understand type of subcontract work required and choose optimal sub-contract vendor.
- Process purchasing documentation (i.e requisitions, purchase orders, cancellation forms, continual improvement reports) in accordance with ATS policies and procedures.
- Track, monitor and maintain purchase order deliveries to drive on-time delivery to production schedules.
- Expedite purchase orders based on input from project teams.
- Communicate with, evaluate and approve vendors to ascertain their ability to meet company requirements, goals, and objectives. This will include on-site visits to subcontract vendor locations.
- Negotiate prices, credit terms, discounts and delivery arrangements with suppliers.
- Expedite problems with suppliers and vendors regarding costs, quality, quantity and delivery of goods purchased.
- Keep informed of new sources of supply for materials and services.
- Perform on-going review of product, service, equipment and expense usage to identify new opportunities for cost savings.
- Resolve invoicing discrepancies and approve for payment.
- Effective use of historical and other benchmarking data to ensure competitive pricing.
A post secondary diploma or degree in purchasing or equivalent. Membership in the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings is a requirement for this position.
- A minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word and other MS Office software.
- Theoretical and hands on knowledge of purchasing and material planning concepts.
- Proven organizational, negotiation, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact in a team environment.
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Life Sciences division at ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
Why Join ATS?
Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.