BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 2+ years’ experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 2+ years’ experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- Financial modeling proficiency in Access, SQL and/or VBA
- General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This role will be based in New Westminster, BC. It is a perfect position for someone who knows how to lead others, work fast, and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the FC improve and create new measures for site productivity
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
Manufacturing or Distribution financial analysis, direct supervision of others, working with senior executive team.
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Advanced financial modeling proficiency in Access, SQL and/or VBA
- Access, Oracle Financials preferred
- Evidence of stretch assignments that reflect superior performance in previous roles
- Ability to thrive and grow quickly in a fast growing company
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of Distribution Center processes and systems a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.