Modern dairy farm with a position for an experienced afternoon Milker.
- collecting the cows from their resting area and cleaning the stalls to the required standards.
- milking 240 cows in a double 12 parallel parlour.
- administering any necessary treatments during milking.
- follow a routine to shut down parlour and begin the wash cycle.
- clean up and hose down of parlour and milk house.
- pressure washing and general cleaning of parlour.
- calm and quiet cattle handling is a must.
- ability to milk cows.
- reliable, punctual and willing to be a team player.
- able to work well with people and also by themselves.
- attention to detail is important.
- ability to follow a routine.
- 11 days on 3 days off.
- approximately 3:00 pm start till around 7:00 pm.
- every afternoon milking on the 11 days. 3 morning milkings are available to boost hours if needed.
- more work may be available during busy times.
- $22 to $23 per hour. This is based on experience. If you have no experience do not expect to start at these numbers.
- housing may be available after 3 month probation period.
- if you are not in Canada and ready to work do not reply to this add. Thank you.
- successful applicants should include work references with résumé.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$23.00 per hour
We are limiting visitors to the farm. Essential people only.
- Dairy: 2 years (Required)