CoSA VFX is an award-winning, fast-paced and highly collaborative Visual Effects studio with locations in Los Angeles, Vancouver and Atlanta. We are seeking Senior Level CG Generalists with expertise in Maya, as well as a passion for Lighting and Look Development. While currently working remotely, this role may return to the physical studio in the future.
This role reports to the Global Head of CG.
- Create photo-real CG imagery using a varied skill set, dependent on project needs.
- Solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, communicate ideas and techniques. with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- Work collaboratively as a part of a team on various projects.
- Engage effectively on multiple projects at the same time.
- Minimum of 5 + years of experience in visual effects for broadcast television and/or feature films.
- Proficiency in lighting and/or modeling; experience with texturing hard-surface CG objects and basic animation.
- Expert skill working within Maya software package.
- Experience with GPU and CPU rendering- V-Ray and Redshift.
- Knowledge of F-track or other production shot tracking software.
- Firm grasp of pipeline workflow in a post-production environment.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures.
CoSA’s compensation and benefits package includes: 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, paid sick leave as well as extended health & dental insurance.
CoSA VFX Vancouver is currently considering applications from those who are residents or who have current work permits/visas for Canada only.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and reel as part of your application; applications received without a reel will not be considered.
Successful interview candidates will be subject to a Verification of Employment and/or Education History check.