PRODUCT SPECIALIST I
Department: Operations – Project Support Services
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Date Posted: 01/10/2020
Are you interested in joining an organization that:
- Has over 30 years of experience providing innovative software simulation solutions in the Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) fields?
- Provides products and services to governments, colleges and universities, and defense and civilian ATC agencies worldwide?
- Offers a pay-for-performance compensation structure, tuition reimbursement, and access to various professional development opportunities?
- Has work/life balance programs in place and offers a holistic benefits package that is fully customizable based on your specific needs?
If this sounds interesting to you, continue reading about our job vacancy below.
The Product Specialist I is an Air Traffic Manager (ATM) Subject Matter Expert (SME) who is expected to be well-rounded in their knowledge of all Adacel products to facilitate the support, training, testing and validation of the systems. S/he will be assigned to the System Validation Testing track.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the Lead, Product Specialist and the Manager, Operational Support Services on work status and scheduling to ensure that work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains files in compliance with Quality Assurance and ISO requirements.
- Assists with documentation of product features, internal process documents and reports.
- Reviews and modifies content located in Adacel’s knowledge base software.
- May be required to perform the following Testing duties and responsibilities:
- Working in close collaboration with the Engineering development team to perform Software and System implementation and verification testing.
- Assisting with System and Software Requirements definition and review.
- Creating detailed Test verification specifications and tracing test cases to System and Software.
- Assisting with the implementation and configuration of Test Automation or Infrastructure initiatives.
- Performs system validation prior to installations.
- Prepares Factory Acceptance Tests and documentation to be performed with the customer.
- Participates in Customer Requirements definition and review.
- Demonstrates the operation of all Adacel products to new hires and potential customers.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the Adacel products and services to best represent them to potential customers.
- Supports and guides the Engineering department with the development of software and hardware functionality.
- Utilizes subject matter expertise to assist with the requirements, design, operation and validation of new product developments.
- Provides regular communication and training to employees in the Operations department whenever modifications are made, and/or additional functionalities are added to the products.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 3 years of experience in ATC services or piloting in a civilian or military environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2003-2012).
- Ability to pass an Adacel background check while employed.
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis without advance notice.
- Must be able to pass background and security checks to enable access to military sites.
- Must currently have or have the ability to obtain a Canadian passport.
- Previous Radar Experience.
- Previous Software Testing, Quality Assurance or Product Assurance experience
- Experience actively controlling in an air traffic control tower.
- Experience actively controlling in a terminal radar approach control.
- Actively controlled air traffic within the last 5-years.
- Experience with NexGen ATC and Navigation procedures.
- Experience with developing ATC training programs and/or ATC operational procedures.
Adacel Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, civil status, disability, ethnic origin, language, political convictions, pregnancy, race or color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, social condition or gender identity or expression.
Job Type: Full-time
- ATC services or piloting in a civilian/military environment: 3 years (Required)
- Radar: 1 year (Preferred)
- NexGen ATC and Navigation procedures: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Testing, Quality Assurance or Product Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)