RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the joint direct supervision of the Directors of the Centre for Global Surgery (CGS), the incumbent performs administrative, and clerical duties, including (but not limited to) personal administrative support to the Directors and general support to the managers budget preparation, financial transaction processing, account monitoring, manpower form and timesheet processing, general divisional communication document writing, and various reports production.
- Provides administrative support to the two Directors, including maintaining their agenda, following up on issues, acts as liaison between staff, other internal as well as external parties, drafting, proofreading, formatting letters and documents, coordinating meetings,
- Acts as secretary at management meetings and committee meetings chaired by the Directors, taking notes, writing meeting minutes, Assists with writing of policies and procedures,
- Provides general administrative support to division managers, having view of their agenda, coordinating meetings, proofreading and formatting draft documents, assisting with finance issues and processing of technical public announcements,
- Assists with budget requests and forecast preparation coordinates and assists with periodic review and reconciliation of account statements, processes purchase and payment requisitions, assists with invoice reconciliation and approval for account payables, processes account receivable invoices for services rendered by the divisions. Prepares contractual documents and tracks contract renewal,
- Processes and edits new hire and employment status modification forms, assists with new staff orientation. Manages time reporting for the divisions. Coordinates training activities and processes training paperwork,
- Supports in the coordination of meetings, conferences (both locally and abroad) including but not limited to booking related venues, travel arrangements for CGS staff and conference participants, organization of multimedia communication platforms and other meeting/conference related activities.
- Is willing to travel for CGS related activities (optional).
- Coordinates business travel arrangements,
- Performs other related administrative duties as required.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Technical D.E.C. from a Quebec recognized CEGEP or equivalent,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French,
- Possesses experience with computers and Internet, familiar with office software programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Acrobat and Accounting applications,
- Good analytical and logic skills,
- Must have ability to function effectively in the environment where multiple deadlines and concurrent activities are norm,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential,
- Good typing skills,
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as administrative technician.
Pay Scale :
Commensurate with qualifications and experience Work Shift : from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays to Fridays (35-hour workweek) needs to be flexible when needed. Work Site : MGH
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.