JOB TITLE: Clinical Neuropsychologist
REPORTS TO: Director of Psychological Health/Brain Health
DEPARTMENT: Brain Health
STATUS: Contract (0.4FTE)
LOCATION: Vancouver Centre - 300 - 808 Nelson Street, Vancouver, BC
Definition: we are accountable to our clients, our stakeholders, and each other.
The Neuropsychologist’s primary role is to enhance and promote the brain health of Copeman clients. The Neuropsychologist will provide brief screening and personalized educational sessions on brain health to clients interested in learning about and optimizing brain health. The Neuropsychologist will also provide assessment services to clients with concerns about their cognition, including those with cognitive problems due to medical conditions, dementia, ADHD, concussion, psychological conditions, and a variety of other problems. As such, the Neuropsychologist will provide a variety of assessment packages including brief batteries and more comprehensive neuropsychological assessments designed for specific conditions and customized to client needs.
The Neuropsychologist will provide neuropsychological services to clients of all ages, including children, young adults, and older adults. The Neuropsychologist will work as part of a collaborative preventative health team and consult with clients on their health plan and provide support for clients to meet their health goals.
In serving clients, the Neuropsychologist will:
- Be registered or registration-eligible as a psychologist in the province of BC;
- Follow College of Psychologists of BC and Canadian Psychological Association ethics codes and standards;
- Adhere to Copeman Healthcare processes and procedures for billing, accounting, documentation, scheduling, and use of the electronic medical record;
- Respect individuals and their rights regardless of race, religious beliefs, gender, disability, marital status, family status, economic status, education level, age, ancestry, or sexual orientation.
Definition: we operate at the forefront of medical services and drive change that unlocks new value.
- Employs a breadth of evidence-based assessment methods in assessing a wide variety of clients;
- Is enthusiastic and interested in technology and innovations in the service delivery of neuropsychology;
- Is able to provide educational and group workshops as needed.
Definition: we work together for the benefit of our clients.
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team alongside primary care doctors, nurse practitioners, family health nurses, dietitians, kinesiologists, psychologists, and physiotherapists to deliver optimal assessment, treatment, and ongoing care;
- Provides consultation to other Copeman healthcare professionals about clinical and practice issues;
- Regularly interfaces with the interdisciplinary team for a thorough understanding of specific recommendations and interventions supporting the client’s health plan.
Definition: our strength is our people, we foster the development and success of our team.
- A team player who demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, respect, and kindness when interacting with all members of the team;
- Adaptable and flexible to ensure the highest level of service for staff and clients;
- Maintains the highest level of patient confidentiality;
- Understands the programs and services offered by Copeman Healthcare to provide clients with accurate information and facilitate access to programs and services;
- Supports a team-based overall approach.
Definition: we pursue excellence in everything we do and seek to deliver the highest standards of medicine.
- Employs state-of-the-art assessment approaches appropriate to each client;
- Is knowledgeable and skilled in treating conditions commonly seen in neuropsychology;
- As a key contact person for clients, physicians, staff, guests and affiliates, maintains a professional image at all times;
- Provides feedback to the organization on centre operations and ideas for improvement;
- Develops positive professional relationships with clients, staff, suppliers, and other health care providers in the community.
Definition: we deliver on the needs of our clients.
- Assesses client needs using a variety of methods as needed including interviews, psychometric scales, and direct observation of behaviour;
- Works within all aspects of the collaborative health plan for Copeman clients, including fitness, nutritional, medical, and nursing components.
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology with Neuropsychology Specialization or in Clinical Neuropsychology from a recognized university;
- Fully licensed to practice in the jurisdiction of the position;
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical work experience;
- Post-doctoral training in neuropsychology a definite asset;
- Is knowledgeable and skilled in treating conditions commonly seen by neuropsychologists;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This opportunity is a part-Time Contract Position (.40 FTE)
- Multi-disciplinary clinical setting
- May be required to work in different Copeman Clinics if required
- Office environment, which may require extended periods of time completing computer-related work.
- Work hours a maximum of eight hours per day, but hours will be flexible depending on workload and specific contract stipulations
If you are interested in our open position, submit your application and resume to our company website, www.copemanhealth
Job Type: Contract
- Clinical: 5 years (Preferred)
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Fully licenced to practice in BC (Preferred)