Uni-Fab is a global provider in custom fabrication of aluminum, steel and stainless-steel products which began in 1991. As one of the largest metal fabrication shops in Ontario, we develop industry-leading solutions for automotive, aerospace and machine tool manufacturers. Uni-Fab has the expertise to custom manufacture to the finest detail and the highest tolerance required for any size application. We are home to a well-trained and diverse team of experts utilizing innovative equipment to support their skills and meet all of our clients’ needs.
The Robotic Welder Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on steel products.
- Lift work piece manually or using hoist and secure work piece in fixture or automatic feeding device
- Perform welding techniques to fabricate parts to be used in the manufacturing of product. This includes possessing basic mechanical knowledge and use of hand tools; following instructions, and welding products
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, and/or numerical control sequences.
- Inspect and measure manufactured work pieces to verify conformance to specifications as required
- Set up future jobs while robot is operating - Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and material on the machine, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Apply competencies in welding and utilize computer-based software to operate the robotic machine.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of welds
- Move and adjust machine controls and guides as needed
- Perform duties in compliance with set procedures
- Maintain and complete necessary reporting
- Communicate all abnormal situations to Supervisor
- Perform sample inspection, and testing of parts, components, and materials as needed, to determine conformance to standards
- Performs manual welding during robot weld cycle, if required.
- Maintain good safety and housekeeping practices at assigned workstation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Must be willing to work extended hours or shifts as requested.
Minimum of 2 years experience operating a robotic welder preferably in a fabrication shop
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials
Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters such as amps, volts, etc.
Must be familiar with all machines required to perform the tasks stated above
Ability to operate welding tools and welding robot
- Minimum of a high school diploma and preferably formal training/certification in welding
Application Deadline: 2020-05-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- robotic welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)