Synaptive Medical is a Downtown Toronto based company focused on developing medical equipment and applications for neurosurgical procedures. Together, these devices form a full and complete solution of visualization technologies for the operating room. In the past 20 years, the core members of Synaptive Medical have founded and grown multiple successful medical start-ups into international markets. The company has a number of opportunities for motivated people to join the team and share in the challenges and rewards of developing technologies to improve patient care and outcomes in neurosurgery.
Products at Synaptive include electrical, mechanical, optical and software components. You’ll have the unique opportunity to become a product expert where you will learn about all of these components and how they work to create state-of-the-art medical devices. We are looking for someone who is eager to dig in, learn and actively contribute to our multi-disciplinary team.
What You’ll Do
- Become a subject matter expert on the mechanical design of Synaptive’s MRI product line
- Design and develop mechanical systems according to product requirements to achieve best-in-class performance
- Generation and analysis of models, detailed drawings and BOM of mechanical components
- Assist in procurement of prototype materials, including liaising with suppliers, generating RFQs and SOWs, as required
- Assemble and test prototype systems during product development cycle
- Coordinate and assist with third-party standards testing
- Conduct and participate in reviews for software and hardware design as well as product requirements and risk analysis
- Investigate and resolve issues with prototype, production and customer systems as needed
- Work with internal customers (operations, service, quality, regulatory, test) to successfully transfer design to production and sustain products throughout their lifetime
- Support development of testing and manufacturing processes of products including design of test and manufacturing fixtures
- Generate records (technical reports, presentations) to document history of design (DHF) and ensure product can be manufactured and maintained at the highest level of quality
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Systems Design Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical and electrical design
- Experience with GD&T and DFM/DFA
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- 5+ years of experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM
- Knowledgeable of the following standards and relevant collateral standards: IEC 60601, ISO 13485, ISO 14971
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of medical devices
- Fast learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and see it through resolution
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if you’re applications is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the county in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.