Our client Scotiabank is seeking an extremely seasoned Scrum Master who can help lead and support software development teams focused on building next generation FinTech systems.
This role is for experienced Scrum Masters that have led large initiatives in the past. Please apply for this position only if you possess a solid background and knowledge of agile frameworks and practices.
As Scrum Master you will utilize communication, technical, and organization skills to remove impediments, enhance collaboration, and ensure that the team delivers value to the customer.
Your chief objective is to ensure the team produces the highest quality software possible providing tangible value to customers. You must have demonstrated ability to effectively coach a software team in an Agile environment (Kanban or Scrum). Leadership, organizational, and motivational strengths are essential.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Follow scrum ceremonies (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective)
- Facilitate a Sprint Demo for end users, stakeholders and team
- Continuously demonstrate team's capabilities through metrics such as CFD, burndown charts, Velocity and other tools
- Manage team's backlog with the Product Owner and aid team in determining suitable commitments for upcoming sprints
- Spearhead or help define the team's backlog via MVPs, Epics, Features, storymap
- Assist the team with Story Mapping exercises
- Help balance the prioritization of technical debt against new feature innovation and software delivery
- Create a positive and easy communication channel (team, product owner, stakeholders)
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions and remove impediments
- Address team dynamics, resolve conflict and resource constraints
- Foster a culture of collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Use Jira as a tool to assist scrum team efficiency
- Coach Agile practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of Agile delivery experience / recent hands-on experience as a Scrum Master
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills, both oral and written, with technical and non-technical audiences
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST) would be nice to have
- Experience on software development teams with an understanding of software development and software quality disciplines
- Strong understanding of Scrum and Kanban principles
- Passion for leading Scrum teams to continually improve quality and delivery
- Proficient in agile/ scrum development methodology
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Agile delivery and recent hands-on experience as a senior Scrum Master
Job Type: Contract
- Scrum Master: 4 years (Preferred)