Reporting to the Development Team Lead, the Senior Software Engineer will:
- Design, Architect & Create a solution using Java, J2EE Technologies.
- Implement designs by programming in a variety of languages and using a variety of technologies
- Mentor junior and intermediate software engineers through information training, design reviews, and code reviews
- Produce accurate effort estimates for large and small scale tasks, and work with Development Team Lead to track development progress and timelines
- Assist with software maintenance tasks assigned to the team – bug fixes, customer-driven feature development, etc.
- Collaborate with the R&D team on development methodology, processes, and associated tools
- Assist Support and Professional Services groups with design reviews and escalated issues
- Working with QA, promote best practices to ensure a high level of quality within the team
What we’re looking for...
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Experience in programming with Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Angular, React JS.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle
- Experience with Microservices, Public Cloud/AWS.
- Knowledge of Java Multithreading Concurrency, event-driven programming, non-blocking I/O programming.
- Experience in developing and designing high performance, scalable web applications.
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git or SVN and related practices.
- Knowledge with Agile methods and Continuous Integration including but not limited to Program and Release Backlog Management (Jira), Defect Tracking (Jira), Collaboration (Confluence, others) Test Automation (JUnit, NUnit, TestNG), Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Hudson), Code Review (Sonar, Findbugs).
- Knowledge in cloud computing and cloud-hosted applications such as Amazon AWS, EC2, and S3.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities.
Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capability of working independently.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.