Position: Milling Supervisor
Reports To: CNC Manager – Night Shift
Direct Reports: Night Shift Milling Setters/Operators
Ensure that the Milling department works to meet customer and company requirements in a cost effective and safe manner with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Plant Manager and Production Control to establish daily expectations.
- Assign jobs to machines using the scheduling boards.
- Check that production quantity expectations were met on the previous shifts.
- Ensure that Foremen have recorded production and quality root cause within ERP Portal.
- Schedule setters and operators to jobs to meet shift expectations including establishing and scheduling overtime requirements.
- Attend morning meeting to establish “daily priorities”. Note tasks assigned to you and provide feedback on timing for completion.
- Ensure fixtures, tools, gages, documentation and material are kitted in advance of scheduled setup.
- Ensure all Mills employees are working to HPG AS9100 quality standards.
- Ensure there is continuous training for operators and setters to improve productivity and quality.
- Report daily SQDP metrics
- Solve problems within the department in a timely manner updating documentation, communicating with other departments and management where necessary.
- Immediately report to the Plant Manager, any unresolved problems that will effect expectations and suggest solutions.
- “Pull” priority jobs from previous departments.
- “Push” product to the next internal customer and ensure the status is communicated.
- At the end of the shift record all issues effecting shift expectations on the Communication Board for management review at morning meeting.
- Meet with production control and the Plant Manager once per day to set production board priorities.
- Ensure Afternoon and Night Shift Foremen have the knowledge and resources to meet and monitor productivity, safety and quality objectives on their shifts.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time