Bulk Specialty is a leader in bulk commodity hauling, reload operations, freight management, logistics, consulting and technology with operations throughout Canada and the U.S.
We are looking for an for a product Transloader to join us and become part of our Bulk family.
Great people work here!
- Full Benefits including dental, life insurance, pharmaceutical, vision care, chiropractor, massage, EAP, and more....
- Year round work
- New equipment
- Shift: Night shift
The Transloader is responsible for the safe and efficient transfer of product into or out of truck or railcars by use of specialized transload equipment. This individual is also responsible for accurate and verified shipping and receiving paperwork.
As a Transloader, you will:
- Load/unload materials consisting of a variety of liquid bulk products (fuel).
- Ability to operate or learn to operate and maintain railcar/transloading equipment (e.g. hoses, transfer pumps, portable stair systems, small to medium sized equipment, etc.).
- Load railcars with liquid bulk with mobile loading racks by removing tank domes, securing the loading equipment and hoses and operating the control panel.
- Understand how to properly sample and record the commodity for measurements and levels.
- Assist haulers fixing their equipment to ours, checking for leaks and operating their pump as necessary.
- Work in adherence to all safe work practices, procedures, as well as all regulatory requirements.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of yard, shop, department, or work crew.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Previous relevant experience is an asset
- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the transloading of liquid commodities including hazardous materials
- Willing to work with liquid bulk materials
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Ability to climb ladders, throw rail cables and lift 50lbs
- Ability to complete the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars dome lids, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions (snow, rain, sub-freezing temps, heat, wind)
- Ability to be flexible in working day or night shift including some weekends
- Basic training may include, but is not limited to the following: first aid, heat/cold stress prevention, fall protection, WHMIS, Rail Safe, PPE, Site Orientation
- Training based on specific commodities may include, but is not limited to the following: specific equipment competencies, H2S, SCBA, self-contained breathing apparatus, T.D.G (Canada), HazMat (USA), Emergency Response Plan, overflow protection systems
- Experience working with computers an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$31.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC V1M 3G5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Rail Transloading: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location