Senior Legal Counsel-MON17228
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Report into the Director Legal Services and Contracts for Bombardier Aviation Customer Experience (Aftermarket).
- Assist and/or lead the negotiation, drafting or review of commercial contracts related to technology and data, including licensing agreements, joint development agreements, IS / IT agreements, agreements related to the use of data and research and development agreements.
- In addition, you will assist and/or lead the negotiation, drafting or review of various commercial contracts related to the support of the aviation aftermarket business including but not limited to construction/ development agreements, agreements for lease, leases, M&A transactions, support services agreements, authorized service facility agreements, maintenance contracts, and agreements for new products and services.
- Play a key role in proactively managing risk through training and coaching, as well as through the creation and implementation of efficient contract governance processes.
- Anticipate stakeholder’s needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them.
- Serve as a key resource on complex and critical issues.
- Be required to travel occasionally.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are a practicing member of the Bar of at least one Canadian Province or one U.S. State, including preferably the Québec Bar. Having a civil law and a common law degree would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience practicing technology law, commercial or transactional law or commercial litigation, with a focus intellectual property and privacy matters, with at least 2 years of practice within a renowned law firm. Technology law or intellectual property law experience is important for this role.
- You show great leadership, are autonomous and have excellent legal and business acumen, giving you the confidence to take quick decisions and provide strategic advice in a stressful environment.
- You are at ease to work in an environment where technical questions are discussed.
- You can easily manage a busy schedule.
- You have strong negotiations, drafting and communication skills as well as a superior capacity to convince people.
- Sound business judgment, coupled with good business sense, allowing you to provide efficient and value-added advice and solutions is essential.
- Strong organizational skills are needed.
- You have the ability to operate and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You are perfectly bilingual (French and English), both verbally and in writing.
- You have good knowledge of MS-Office environment (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
04.06.2020, 10:25:43 AM