AirPro Search And Rescue (SAR) Services is a joint venture between Airbus Defense and Space and PAL Aerospace, fully dedicated to the successful operation of Canada’s Fixed Wing Search and Rescue Aircraft Replacement (FWSAR) program. A Canadian company, AirPro provides day to-day management of all in-service support subcontractors through service level agreements for the provision of engineering, logistics, maintenance, training, IT systems, infrastructure and materiel support throughout the product life cycle.
We are currently looking for a Field Service Representative (FSR) to join the AirPro team Trenton, ON with temporary training period at Comox, BC upon commencing employment. The FSR will be the focal point in the interface between AirPro and the customer´s maintenance and operational organizations after fleet entry into service at the Main Operating Bases (MOBs).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the AirPro engineering team to track, resolve, and implement solutions
- Main point of contact with the customer’s maintenance and operational organization after entry into service
- Build and maintain relationships with the customer’s technical organization to identify and address operational concerns in technical documentation, procedures, daily operations, etc.
- Assist the customer in tracking and resolving technical faults across the fleet
- Provide guidance to resolve any relevant troubleshooting and support their performance of maintenance tasks
- Stay current on maintenance progress
- Provide technical assessment on frequent spare parts requests that may impact aircraft availability
- Identify and address unforeseen requests related to fleet operation
- Provide technical guidance to customer aircraft technicians
- Inform and coordinate with the customer on procedures to report technical trouble, the procedure for component warranty management, and the process to implement any modification as per the service bulletin for the aircraft
- Continually assess the aircraft fleet operational activity and report any relevant support issues
- Ensure that all queries are appropriately answered
- Assess the aircraft status before arrival of the working party before maintenance
- Liaison with engineering appropriate organizations and the customer
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years’ experience in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- EASA licence and/or A.M.E. license will be considered an asset
- Currently located in Canada or available to relocate and work to Canada
- Multi engine aircraft experience is required
- Must posess superior customer service and relationship building skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English; fluency in French would also be desireable
- Expert coordinator of support services
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally for training and meetings as required
For more information on AirPro SAR Services head to https://www.airprosar.ca/
AirPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or Aerospace Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)