Title: Shipping Supervisor
Reports To: Warehouse, Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Mariposa Dairy is a leading manufacturer of award-winning goat and sheep milk cheeses based in Lindsay, Ontario
. Our aim is to provide the highest quality goat and sheep milk cheese products in North America through the efforts of our skilled and valued team for the benefit of our customers and community.
We are currently seeking a full-time Warehouse Supervisor reporting to the Supply Chain Manager.
Our organization is a growing and dynamic business and operates in our two facilities just off Hwy. 36 in Lindsay, Ontario.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the effective day to day supervision of warehouse operations. People management responsibilities include hiring and retention, training, planning, and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals and addressing performance issues.
What we offer:
- Compressed work week to allow every other Friday off (exceptions apply)
- Diversity and Inclusion. We recognize the value in our differences and prioritize inclusivity to bring together the best talent.
- Bi-weekly pay
- Competitive wages & benefit programs
- Overtime opportunities
- RRSP matching
- Opportunities for advancement
- Support the warehouse operations to accomplish high productivity (cases per hour), exceptional quality (no errors) and cost-effective solutions on a continuous basis that meet or exceed Mariposa standards
- Provide ongoing performance management (including positive and constructive) to all Shipping Team Members
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all job functions for employees to ensure consistency in all roles
- Interpreting company policies to employees and ensuring Health & Safety as well as Food Safety policies are followed
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department, employee and equipment performance.
- Working with other leadership to coordinate activities between departments that will serve both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability in logistics and distribution management understanding and implementing warehousing and transportation system, maximizing efficiency in product flow, and utilizing logistics and distribution technology to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Assist with month-end closing and year-end physical inventory processes.
- Manage and ensure daily and weekly cycle counts as scheduled or requested.
- Stage various materials required for daily production, 1-2 weeks in advance.
- Ensure replenishment stock is received, appropriate people are notified.
- Ensure environmental compliance for the facility by being aware of regulatory requirements and ensuring these requirements are met. Ensure that routine inspections are completed
- Maintain all aspects of the FSSC – ISO22000 quality system
- All other duties as required.
- Experience in a food production operation.
- Experienced working with ERP systems [Business Central preferred] and RF WMS technology
- Proven and demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a technical discipline or related industry experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
- Flexibility of hours when necessary; overtime, and weekends as needed
- Ability to obtain Lift Truck Certification
- May require work in hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work in ranges of temperature and humidity.
- Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or supplies up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mariposa, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon reference checks and employment verification.
Mariposa Dairy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the
The employer accepts applications from only:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with a valid Canadian work permit.